Sunday, January 22, 2017

Power Distribution Board (PDB)

In the beginning I purchased a Crazy pony PCB power distribution board for a QAV250 quad-copter.  The board did not come with any instructions.  I purchased the board so that I could achieve a clean and organized installation.  Without knowing any better I discovered that this power distribution board did not work for the Emax 250mm quad frame.  The reason why it did not work is because the board and frame are shaped differently, meaning the mounting holes do not line up.  Since I still wanted to use the power distribution board I ended up purchasing a YKS QAV250 carbon fiber frame.  This went together nicely with the power distribution board.  Any future builds I plan to use a PDB every time.

Lesson Learned:

Any PDB that is purchased must have a BEC or regulated power for 5v and 12v otherwise what's the point and don't get the type of PDB that is integral to the frame, I ruined the PDB for my QAV250 in a crash.

Your video transmitter and Camera will both need to be powered by clean regulated power or else your FPV system just won't work. I also learned the different frame names and types of styles. the QAV 250 is also known as the ZMR. Regardless of which manufacturer you get the frame from if it's a certain style, parts for that style should fit no matter what.

A power distribution board helps organize the installation, the biggest tip I can give you is to cut the wires to reach the solder pads on the board with just a little bit extra length so you don't leave yourself short for future work.

1 comment:

  1. Titanium chain from the ground and is the ultimate product
    The properties of titanium titanium chain where can i buy titanium trim offers you titanium wedding band a seamless, titanium chopsticks smooth and robust construction, titanium color giving you an unmatched experience of quality in the field of mechanical

    ReplyDelete